Straight Skirt Done!

There's still a bit of work I need to do on it. Namely fixing the front darts. I had intended to lower the back darts, but in my "hoarder's marathon" induced haze I did the font darts... 


I'm just "done" sewing it at the moment. The fabric is lighter than I thought I was going to get, but it was on clearance, and has a really neat gold thread woven through it. It doesn't show up very well in the photos, but it appears as a subtle sheen instead.  The fabric is a stretch fabric, not a four way though. It was interesting to sew, but not awful. I just had to be careful not to try and tug it through the machine. I also used hem lace for the first time, which I adore! It's so easy and looks so much more professional than a lot of the stuff I've been doing. Check out my back vent too! This is the second one I've sewed, the first one turned out awful, but this one turned out much better! 


 I'm thinking about making a sorbetto top with some Lisette poplin I picked up recently. It goes with the color palette, a very light yellow floral. I'd like to try another patter, but it's hard to shake off your tried and true ones when you don't want to scrap some nice fabric. We'll see how it goes! 

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply