Paleo Chocolate Hearts


Guys, I love candy. I've always had this killer sweet tooth. I blame my mother, she's way worse than me. (love you mumsy!)

Valentines day is an awesome time for candy, weather it's from someone else or you "treat yo self".

Being Paleo though can be kind of a buzz kill. Leave it to me to find a sneaky way around it for this delicious treat.

1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup 100% dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Candy Mold/Shaped Ice Cube tray

Start by melting your coconut oil, I just pop the whole container in the microwave for 30 seconds and pour out what I need.

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.

Fill molds and set in freezer. You might want to lightly mist with some olive oil or non stick to help you remove them later. I picked up two heart shaped ice cube trays at the target dollar spot. You could use any mold or ice cube tray that you have. When I make this paleo chocolate for an everyday sweet tooth killer, I just half fill my silicone muffin liners.

Let set until completely firm, which takes about a 1/2 hour. I then remove them from the molds, and keep them in a freezer bag. Because they rely on coconut oil, I would at least keep them in the fridge (freezer is better) so they stay solid. That's if you don't eat them all right away.

Recipe Adapted from here

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to Paleo Chocolate Hearts