Wearable Blue

     So since it went over well last time I posted about makeup, maybe I can get away with it another time? How about some blue eye shadow  Now I know for a lot of people, when you talk about blue, you get a few images in your head.

     First I automatically think of Mimi and her really garish, unblended, to the brow shocking blue.  The second thing I think of is really frosty, still to the brow, 1970's blue. Always accompanied by feathered blonde hair. Both of these looks are really dated and unwearable. Well I mean more power to you if this is your thing, but I'm not sure if it would fly so well at my office. 

     I decided to try and tackle a blue that was wearable. I've seen a lot of palettes popping up with fresh bright spring colors. Seeing as it's really horrible here in the Midwest this week, I figured something that called to spring would help perk up my mood a bit. Here's what I came up with. 
     I kept it far away from my brow bone, and because I have quite hooded eyes, I brought the blue down around my tear ducts and the bottom lash line. My when catch me looking down, or you know just "casually" fluttering my eye lids, you get a fun wash of color. The colors are from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, and the Wet N Wild "Blue had me at hello" palette (See the card for placement).

      I kept the liner on the top lids subtle  using a light hand and a pencil liner, using a brush to blend it out into a faint cat eye. I defined my brows and added mascara to curled lashes. For my lips I used Revlon Color burst lipstick in "hazelnut".








Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply